Poached egg with mushrooms, tomatoes and watercress.
This is a really great breakfast hangover cure which will make you feel a lot better than a greasy full English would. A serving of watercress is alleged to have more vitamin C than an orange, more calcium than a glass of milk and is packed with a large amount of anti-oxidants which keep your skin looking bright. Just the thing you need after a half a dozen more beers than necessary....
Handful of watercress
Handful of sliced mushrooms
Handful of cherry tomatoes (Cherry tomatoes give the dish a lovely, lovely touch of sweetness.)
1 egg (or 2 depending on the degree of your hunger/hangover.)
Chili oil for frying and dressing the watercress (Good olive oil will suffice - though chili oil will really aid your hangover recovery.)
Salt & pepper
A splash of balsamic vinegar
1. Fry the mushrooms in a large pan with the tomatoes - as the tomatoes heat up you'll be able to squish the juices out of them using your wooden spoon.
2. Meanwhile, heat the water for your poached egg.
3. Dress your watercress with chili oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
4. Once your water is simmering, poach the egg (do this by swirling the water with the end of a slotted spoon and crack the egg in, remove after 1-2mins with your slotted spoon.)
5. Arrange the watercress, mushrooms/tomatoes and egg onto a plate and eat slowly to ease your hangover.
(The addition of a good sourdough bread would be very welcome.)